COMBINATION SHORT FORM OF STRAIGHT BILL OF LADING-EXPRESS SHIPPING CONTRACT ADOPTED BY RAIL FREIGHT AND EXPRESS CARRIERS SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE CANADIAN TRANSPORT COMMISSION.
Received subject to the classifications and tariffs in effect on the date of issue of this Original Bill of Lading, or, received, subject to the Rules for the Carriage ot Express and Non-Carload Freight Traffic and tariffs in effect on the date of issue of this original Shipping Contract (bill of lading), goods described below, in apparent good order, except as noted (contents and conditions of contents of packages unknown), marked, consigned and destined as indicated below.
Company agrees to carry to its usual place of delivery at said destination, if on its road, otherwise to deliver to another carrier on the route to said destination. It is mutually agreed, as to each carrier of all or any of said goods over all or any portion of said route to destination, and as to each party at any time interested in all or any of said goods, that every service to be performed hereunder shall be subject to all the terms and conditions (which are hereby incorporated by reference and have the same force and
effect as if the same were severally, fully and specifically set forth herein).
- approved by the Board of Transport Commissioners for Canada by General Order No. T-5, dated February 1, 1965 set forth in the Canadian Freight Classification and also available at all Railway agency stations and freight offices upon request, when said goods are carried by a rail carrier; or
- of the bill of lading of the water carrier as provided in its tariffs of Rules and Regulations when said goods are carried by a water carrier; or
- of the bill of lading set forth in or prescribed by the relevant tariffs, classifications, statutes and regulations pertaining to motor carrier’s services when said goods are carried by a motor carrier; or
- of the bill of lading form R.T.200, approved by the Quebec Transportation Board on August 5, 1960, when the said goods originating in Quebec are to be carried by a motor carrier;
- or approved by the Canadian Transport Commission for Canada by General Order No. T-43. set forth in the Rules for the Carriage of Express and Non-Carload Freight Traffic and also available at all express and railway agency stations and express and freight offices upon request, when said goods are carried by a rail carrier, and which are agreed to by the shipper and accepted for himself and his assigns.
AUTO CARRIER – TERMS & CONDITIONS (2013)
- Personal belongings are not permitted in vehicle.
- Carrier is not responsible for mechanical defects. Boosting and/or towing of vehicle will be at additional cost.
- Carrier is not responsible for damage to vehicles that cannot be driven on or off transporter under its own power or vehicles with insufficient brakes or vehicles that are not in normal running condition (high idling etc).
- Carrier is not responsible for vehicles not properly prepared for shipment. It is the Shipper’s responsibility to properly prepare the vehicle for shipment. All loose parts, tops, hoods, campers tops fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, antennas etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part of the vehicle (including fluids) that falls or blows off in transit is the Shipper’s responsibility including damages caused by said part or fluid or any and all vehicles involved.
- Total loss Insurance coverage- New vehicles en-route to a dealer from a manufacturer are insured for “dealer Cost ” valuation. Dealer’s cost is defined as the cost of manufacture plus applicable transportation costs. Used vehicles are insured for the fair market price as determined by an independent appraiser. Movement of antique or special interest vehicles must have a declared value in writing to the auto-carrier which must be supported by a written appraisal prepared by an authorized appraiser and pre-dating the date of shipping. All claims subject to $1000.00 deductible. Auto-Carrier’s maximum liability is $2.00/lb. or $4.41 kg if the value of the vehicle is not declared by the shipper.
- All claims must be supported by the carrier’s Bill of Lading, along with two estimates for repair, and must be submitted within five (5) days of delivery. Transportation costs for the vehicle must be paid prior to settling of any claims. Damage which is being claimed must be noted on the Delivery Bill of Lading. Carrier is not responsible for damage caused by vandalism.
- Shipper waives his right to file a claim on bills marked “Subject to Inspection”,”Inspection Pending”, or similar notations.
- Carrier is not responsible for damages done to after-market ground effects installed on the vehicle.
- Carrier is not responsible for undercarriage, or exhaust system damage unless proof provided that the specific area was in contact with our trailer during transit. Damage due to metal fatigue or rust does not constitute a claim.
- Door to door pickup and delivery service is included in our rates, however, due to city by-laws or confined spaces we cannot access your residence at all times. In this case, our driver will get as close as possible to you and from there, you are responsible to move your vehicle to or from your residence.
- Unless credit has been arranged and approved, all shipments must be Prepaid.
- Carrier is not responsible for minor chips and scratches or glass breakage resulting from common road hazards, such as flying stones, sand or ice, or caused by any natural incident that is uncontrollable by the carrier ore our drivers. Damage caused by freezing of cooling systems and/or batteries is the responsibility of the Shipper.
- Carrier is not responsible for incidental damages or liabilities resulting from freight damage, late freight or any other type of claim (missed sales or deadlines, decreasing value of vehicle, loss of potential profit, car rental etc.).
Global Vehicle Damage Codes Standard Version 2 Issued 4/2009
1 . THE FOLLOWING LIST IS THE UPDATED SET OF CODES WITH DESCRIPTION
1.1 Damage Area/Type Codes
CODE»DESCRIPTION (New Descriptions in Italics)
1 Antenna/Antenna Base
5 Bumper Guard/Strip-Front
6 Bumper Guard/Strip-Rear
7 Door-Back Cargo, Right
8 Door-Back Cargo, Left
9 Door-Right Cargo
10 Door-Left Front
11 Door-Left Rear
12 Door-Right Front
13 Door-Right Rear
14 Fender-Left Front
15 Quarter Panel/Pick-Up Box-Left
16 Fender-Right Front
17 Quarter Panel/Pick-Up Box – Right
18 Front Floor mats
19 Floor Mats Rear
20 Glass Windshield
21 Glass Rear
23 Accessory Bag/Box
24 Headlight Cover / Turn Signal
25 Lamps-Fog/Driving/Spot Light
29 Keyless remote
30 Mirror – Outside Left
31 Mirror – Outside Right
33 Audio/Video Player
34 TD/DVD Screen
35 Rocker Panel/Outer Sill Left
36 Rocker Panel/Outer Sill Right
38 Running Board/Step – Left
39 Running Board/Step – Right
40 Spare Tire/Wheel
42 Splash Panel/Spoiler – Front
44 Gas Tank
45 Tail Light/Hardware
48 Trim Panel-Front Left
49 CD Changer Separate Unit
50 Trim Panel-Front Right
52 Deck Lid/Tailgate/Hatchback 53 Sunroof/T-Top
55 Cargo Area-Other
To /Tonneau Cover
57 Wheel Covers/Caps/Rings
58 Radio Speakers
59 Wipers, all
60 Special Use
61 Box Interior, Pickup
63 Rails, Truckbed/Lightbar
65 Luggage Rack (Strips Drip Rail)
66 Dash/Instrument Panel
67 Cigarette Lighter/Ashtray
69 Center Post Right
70 Center Post Left
71 Corner Post
72 Left Front Tire
73 Left Front Wheel/Rim
74 Left Rear Tire
75 Left Rear Wheel/Rim
76 Right Rear Tire
77 Right Rear Wheel/Rim
78 Right Front Tire
79 Right Front Wheel/Rim
81 Gas/Cap Cover
82 Fender-Rear Left
83 Fender-Rear Right
84 Tools/Jacks/Spare-Tire Mount+ Lock
85 Communication/GPS Unit
86 Parking Sonar System
89 Trailer Hitch, Wiring Harness, Tow Hooks
91 Exhaust System
93 Steering Wheel/Airbag
94 Seat-Front Left
95 Seat-Front Right
99 Engine Compartment-Other
1.2 Damage Type Codes
10 Stained or Soiled
14 Dented Paint Not Damaged
18 Moulding/Emblem – Weatherstrip Damaged
19 Moulding/Emblem – Weatherstrip Loose
20 Glass Cracked
21 Glass Broken
22 Glass Chipped
23 Glass Scratched
24 Marker Light/Additional Turn Light Damage
25 Decal/Paint Stripe Damaged
29 Contamination, Exterior
30 Fluid Spillage, Exterior
34 Chipped Panel Edge
36 Incorrect Part Or Option Not As Invoiced
37 Hardware – Damaged
38 Hardware – Loose, Missing
1.3 Severity Codes
1 Damage up to and including 1 inch in length/diameter – less than 2.5 cm
2 Damage over 1 inch up to and including 3 inches in length/diameter- 2.5 cm up to 7.5 cm
3 Damage over 3 inches up to and including 6 inches in length/diameter – over 7.5 cm up to 15 cm
4 Damage over 6 inches up to and including 12 inches in length/diameter – over 15 cm to 30 cm
5 Damage over 12 inches in length/diameter – over 30 cm